.Net loadFromRemoteSources

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:22 PM
Soren -

First, thanks for the PSMA. I need to provision exchange ONLY for certain people, and I think this is the solution.

Brand new build in production for the PMSA. Windows server 2012, and MSIM 4.3.1935.0, .Net Framework 4.5.50709. My development environment was a slighltly older version and was working fine.

When I try to create a Powershell MA, I get an exception HRESULT: 0x80230729. Tracking it down in Event Viewer, it appears to be a new setting in .Net about loading from remote sources. The information said I should add the following configuration:

<configuration>
<runtime>
<loadFromremoteSources enabled="true"/>
</runtime>
</configuration>

I added it to an existing App.config in c:\users\MIMAdmin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft....R2\4.3.1935.0 and rebooted but I get the same error. Where should I be adding this data, or is there another way to enable this?
Oct 6, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Thanks to darrenrobinson from blog post https://blog.kloud.com.au/2016/07/18/exception-from-hresult-0x80230729-creating-a-new-fimmim-management-agent/

The Fix

The miiserver.exe.config file located in the default installation directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\Bin is what you need to edit.

Near the end of the misserver.exe.config file find the <runtime> section. Insert the line <loadFromRemoteSources enabled=”true”/> as shown below.

RemoteSources

Restart the Forefront Identity Manger Server Service from the Services Control Panel and you’re back in action.